Resolving Problem Behaviours
I can visit you and your dog in the comfort of your own home! We will go into more detail on the exact problem or problems that you are experiencing with your pooch. I will then devise a plan for you and if applicable I will initiate some practical work in the first session to get you started.
Initial consults take about 1.5 half hours and, depending on what the issues are, we will then have further follow-up training sessions together – either at your home, or wherever the problem behaviours occur.
Common issues I am able to help resolve include behaviours such as:
- Jumping up at people
- Destructive behaviour (digging/chewing etc)
- Not coming when called
- Pulling on the lead
- Growling or barking at people/children/other dogs
- Fear of strangers
- Excessive barking
- Unruly behaviour
Basic Training Skills
There are many reasons why dog owners choose me to visit them in their own home for basic training with their puppy or dog.
- Home is comfortable and familiar for both you and your dog
- Home is the perfect learning environment as there are very few distractions
- Appointment times are flexible to suit your lifestyle
- You don’t have to commit to a 6-week group training course – instead you can teach your dog multiple skills in just a few home visits
If you are seeking advice on how to teach your dog manners or new skills and would like the luxury of staying in your own home, then home-training is your best option.
Some examples of some helpful new skills could be:
- Go to bed and stay there
- Drop a toy or ‘illegal item’.
- Teaching your dog to come to you when you call him
- Barrier training – teaching your dog not to enter a certain room or location
- Teach your dog to wait until released when you open car doors
This initial consult will be about 1.5 hours, and any follow-up sessions required to progress behaviours last for about one hour.
Between 8-16 weeks your puppy should be socialized with other friendly dogs and puppies, and during this time it is important that bad experiences are avoided and instead your puppy should have many positive exposures to all sorts of different stimuli to prevent problems as they grow into an adult dog.
If you have a puppy under 16 weeks of age and you haven’t attended any form of puppy pre-school, I can assist you with the very important task of socialization and assistance with regards to positive exposures to many different stimuli. Also included in this home visit is general advice for common puppy ‘problems’ that most people experience, and practical training skills.
This initial consult at your home is 1.5 hours and will cover basic learning theory of dogs first, then we will come up with a plan based on what you would like to teach your puppy to do (or not to do). Depending on what you would like to do with your puppy, we can have further follow-up training sessions at home with you and your pup.
Each home visit will include:
- Behaviour advice
- Practical training skills
- Individual training plan written specifically to meet you and your dogs needs
- Video links with tutorials on what is covered if necessary
Price for Home Visits
|Initial Consultation||approx. 1.5 Hours||$100|